"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire." WB Yeats
I saw a great tweet from a principal talking about the 10 signs you might not be ready for twitter yet. I decided to make a list of the….
10 Signs That You Might
Be Ready to Learn Using Twitter!
- You’ve heard enough from a trusted colleague to give Twitter a try.
- You could use some more personal or professional support. You are willing to make and learn from new friends.
- You have not perfected your craft. Every kid still has lots of room to learn everyday. You know you still have room for improvement.
- You have at least one good idea you could share with someone else.
- You are interested in having your voice be a part of a larger conversation about education.
- You are willing to collaborate with teachers around the world because your immediate colleagues haven’t cornered the market on how to teach well.
- You know that if something can be a game-changer for kids, time can be found. A career can be built by trying to be a little better today than yesterday.
- You are willing to expend the energy and courage it takes to change your mind about something. You are willing to have your long held professional beliefs challenged.
- You want to see if it’s true that amazing professional learning can be free, convenient, and totally self-directed.
- You are so passionate about education and kids, you are will to potentially get addicted to amazing professional learning. (warning: this could happen).