Almost 3 years ago, I read Innovator’s Mindset by George Couros for the first time. I hadn’t heard of George before. I read the book first using Kindle Cloud Reader. I find this tool a great way to read, while working. I made 223 highlights and 11 notes. That’s basically highlighting the whole book.
As I was reading, I could feel my perspectives and thinking shifting. That’s a pretty good book, to make that happen. And 3 years ago, I was on year 32 as an educator, with half of that time being as a middle school teacher.
Sometimes I feel a bit like a crazed fan, but I can live with that. The book and George’s thinking has pushed me to be better. This week, I started tweeting my Top Ten Couros Quotes. I think I’ve timed this so that my next blogpost will be about the number one quote from the book.
The quotes I’ve chosen so far are:
10. “Change is an opportunity to do something amazing.”
9. “Any time teachers think differently about who they teach and how they teach, they can create better learning opportunities. Questioning what we do and why we do it is essential for innovation.”
8. “Technology can be crucial in the development of innovative organizations, but innovation is less about tools like computers, tablets, social media, and the Internet, and more about how we use those things.”
7. ….scheduled via Tweetdeck to roll out in about 3 hours.
6. …..scheduled via Tweetdeck to rollout in 27 hours
5, 4, 3, 2, 1….still to come!
Thank you George!